What to Pack for My Trip to China?
The rule of thumb is to pack lightly, and to bring casual clothes. A sturdy, comfortable pair of walking shoes is an absolute. A sports coat and a nice shirt for man, and one or two dresses or pantsuits for women will suit the most formal occasions to be encountered in China. Travelers should bring shirts, sweaters and jackets that can be worn in layers to suit a range of climates. Shorts (for both men and women) are fine for summer days though not recommended when visiting religious shrines. Remember, dress for Comfort, not for Style.
• Electrical converter and adapter plugs. China's electrical system operates at 220 volts.
• Hair dryer, razor, alarm clock.
• Common toiletries, cold and digestive medications, lip balm, sanitary napkins and any over-the-counter medicines you generally use.
• Chewing gum, mints or throat lozenges to keep your mouth moist.
• Reading materials, including a guidebook on the places you will see.
• Sunscreen lotion and sunglasses.
• A light raincoat or an umbrella except in winter months.
• Camera & film. Be aware that while print film is available in most places, slide film may be difficult to find. And be sure to pack extra batteries.
• A notebook to keep track of all the exciting things happening on the trip.
|Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文0252-085号