Located on Guozijian Street inside Anding Gate, the Temple of Confucius in Beijing is the place where people paid homage to Confucius during the Yuan (1271-1368), Ming (1368-1644) and Qing dynasties (1644-1911).
The Temple of Confucius was initially built in 1302 and additions were made during the Ming and Qing dynasties. It is the second largest temple constructed for Confucius, the greatest thinker and educationalist in ancient China, ranking only behind the Temple of Confucius in Qufu, Shandong Province.
This temple consists of four courtyards. The main structures include Xianshi Gate (Gate of the First Teacher), Dacheng Gate (Gate of Great Accomplishment), Dacheng Hall (Hall of Great Accomplishment) and Chongshengci (Worship Hall). Dacheng Hall is the main building in the temple, where the memorial ceremony for Confucius was often held.
Address: 13, Guozijian Street, Dongcheng District.
Opening hours: 8:30 - 17:00
Entry ticket: 10 yuan
Bus: No. 13, 116 and 807, arrive at Yong Hegong; No. 104, 108, 113 and 407, arrive at Andingmen.
|Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文0252-085号