Invitation to 'Youth Documentary' competition
The 2013 Trans-Pacific University Students Mini Documentary Competition ("Youth Documentary") will run from December 2012 to December 2013 in Beijing. Since the opening of the competition, it has become a great documentary event for young Chinese people. It encourages numerous young people to participate in creating documentaries, and simultaneously offers a high level platform for documentary talents to display and issue their creative works. This year's competition will be hosted by Beijing Students Federation, the Foreign Affairs Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality, Documentary Academic Committee of China Television Artists Association and Beijing TV Station, and organized by BTV Documentary HD Channel and Beijing Students Federation. (• Download the Application Form in English; • Download the Application Form in Chinese)
Foreign Affairs Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality; Information Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Taiwan Affairs Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality; Beijing Students Federation
Documentary Academic Committee of China Television Artists Association; Beijing TV Station
Organized by: BTV Documentary HD Channel; BQ magazine
Time: Dec. 2012 – Dec. 2013
Questions & Answers:
1. Who may participate?
Participants must be registered students at colleges/universities in the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and cities in the Trans-Pacific region. Simultaneously, participants may be individuals or teams of up to the film members.
2. Are There any Restrictions on Content?
1) There are no restrictions on the content or theme, but the works must not contain racist, politically or religiously biased, gratuitously violent or pornographic material.
2) The contents and themes of all the entries must be made to comply with the related laws of the host country.
3) All the submissions should be original works finished after August 2012. The participant should be the creator, and co-authors may jointly enter the competition. The competitors should own the copyrights of their works. The Organizing Committee shall not bear legal liabilities covering (but not limited to) the right of portrait, reputation, privacy, copyright, trademark, etc., and the participants should take on related legal responsibilities.
4) The information provided by the competitors on the application form should be authentic and lawful; in their application, all participants should follow the regulations listed in the participation specifications.
5) Each work submitted should be categorized according to its running time: mini documentary (less than 9 minutes), short film (10 to 30 minutes) and full-length film (over 31 minutes). Outstanding full-length films will be shown during this activity and recommended by the Organizing Committee to specialized channels to be purchased and broadcast.
6) Each work submitted should be titled and its title shall be regarded as a part of the work. The author should give a description of the shooting background and the story behind its shooting as an attached article of up to 800 words.
3. How to enter?
There are three steps:
1) The application form can be downloaded from http://www.btv.org/download/qcdjl.doc. After completing the form, send an e-edition to the official e-mailbox: email@example.com；
2) Entries should be recorded in DVD with three copies and the film clips may be recorded in DVD or CD. There are two video formats that you can choose from: (1) HD MPG file with resolution of no less than 1280:720 (resolution of 1920:1080 is recommended); (2) QuickTime（MOV）format with H264 video decoding.
3) The CD entries should be posted, noted as "Youth Documentary," to the following address:
Ms Sun Yixin, BTV Documentary HD Chanel, No. 98A, Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China. Post Code: 100022 .
At the same time, please send an electronic version of the work or download link or web link to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) The manuscripts of all entries shall be reserved by their authors. The Committee shall not return the entries in any case.
4. Deadline for Entries: September 20, 2013. (Judged by the date of the local postmark)
|Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文0252-085号