'Chinese Dream in the Eyes of Foreigners' Photo Contest starts
2014 "Chinese Dream in the Eyes of Foreign Friends" Photo Contest
As Beijing develops rapidly, we invite foreign friends to participate in the 2014 "Chinese Dream in the Eyes of Foreign Friends" Photo Contest to witness Beijing's great changes and reflect the dreams and pursuits of the people of Beijing.
Detailed information about the photo contest is as follows:
I. Rules on the Photo Contest
1. Qualifying criteria for participants: people of non-Chinese nationality
2. Theme: The Chinese Dream in the Eyes of Foreign Friends
(1) Participants may shoot Beijing's beautiful scenery, new landmarks, time-honoured stores, historical and cultural sights, renovated ancient streets, antiques in antique markets, and folk performances.
(2) Participants may picture Beijing's colourful cultural activities, plays and operas performed by the people of Beijing, and the cultural life of residential areas.
(3) Participants may depict high-tech development and innovation, infrastructure construction and development, construction of new towns, new rural and urban construction, and environmental-protection activities.
(4) Participants may reflect the lifestyles of Beijing's residents, including the lifestyles of the elderly, neighbours living in harmony, and workers' manufacturing or living conditions. They may also depict the distinctive features of Beijing's agriculture and its rural households, and rural tourism in Beijing's suburban areas.
3. Requirements for photos
(1) Contents of any entry shall be real and accord with the theme of the photo contest. Back-and-white and colour photos, single photos and groups of photos are all acceptable. Photos can be appropriately adjusted. Synthesizing, adding or other technical processing of photos is not allowed though. Any operation to distort the authenticity of the photos is prohibited. Photos must be new works taken in recent years. The original contents of the digital photos must not be modified.
(2) Any photo submitted should be a JPEG file (film works must be transformed into this electronic format). Each JPEG file should be no less than 18 MB. No limit is set on the number of single photos or groups of photos submitted. However, each group of photos should have no more than 4 photos.
(3) All entries must be original and have copyrights. They shall not be plagiarized, copied or counterfeited. Photo contributors will take full responsibility for any legal dispute involving portrait rights, rights of reputation and copyrights relating to the entries.
(4) All photo contributors are deemed to have agreed to comply with all of the above requirements. Upon discovery, any entry failing to meet the said requirements will be disqualified.
II. Deadline for Photo Contributions: October 31, 2014
III. E-mail Address for Photo Contributions: firstname.lastname@example.org
An expert panel of judges will evaluate submitted photos. Three hundred outstanding photos will be selected during the initial evaluation. The panel will then select the best 50 photos from this set of 300 photos as prize winners:
First prize: 2 contributors, 10,000 yuan per contributor
Second prize: 4 contributors, 5,000 yuan per contributor
Third prize: 8 contributors, 3,000 yuan per contributor
Award of excellence: 36 contributors, 500 yuan per contributor
Beijing People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries
Foreign Affairs Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Information Office of the People's Government of Beijing Municipality
Beijing Municipal Education Commission
Beijing Municipal Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs
Beijing Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment
China World Peace Foundation
VI. Supporting Media
China Radio International
Beijing This Month Publications
VII. Rights of the Organizing Committee and the Participants
(1) The Organizing Committee of the photo contest has the perpetual and unlimited right to use the photos submitted in exhibitions and publications for public welfare.
(2) Any responsibility involving copyrights, portrait rights and the rights of reputation related to submitted photos shall be borne by the relevant photographers participating in the photo contest.
(3) The Organizing Committee reserves the right of final explanation on these matters.
VIII. Information & Contact
电话：+86 10 6514 0059/6521 2270
传真：+86 10 6514 0109
Address: Organizing Committee Office of the Photo Contest, 97 Nanheyan Dajie, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100006
Tel: +86 10 6514 0059, 6521 2270
Fax: +86 10 6514 0109
Contact: Ms. Yu Zhou, Ms. Liu Mei
For further information, please refer to the websites:
www.bjyx.org.cn, www.btmbeijing.com or www.bjfao.gov.cn
|Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文0252-085号