Intercampus debate on BRICS development open to apply
The annual inaugural Beijing Intercampus Debate 2015, which will be held on June 18, under the theme “South–South Cooperation (BRICS DEVELOPMENT)”, is now open for registration. The debate is organized by Beijing Normal University School of Social Policy and Pubic Development and sponsored by ActionAid International China office.
The aim of the Beijing Intercampus Debate is to get students aware about the South-South Cooperation and the current development pattern, for example the BRICS development and the new development bank.
The programme is designed in a way to bring students together to discuss and debate about the activities of the BRICS countries and bring up creative ideas about how sustainable development can be achieved and maintained.
Beijing Intercampus debate 2015 will focus on BRICS development and the bottom billion with the following two questions to be debated about:
1. First Round: “Can the new BRICS Development Bank create a sustainable solution and its activities lift more people from the bottom billion out of poverty?”
2. Second Round: “If the Development Bank pursues economic and infrastructural growth, will social development and welfare be taken care of?”
Two participants will be selected from each of the 12 universities in Beijing and all participants have to prepare themselves for the two prepositions but only those that qualified for the second round will be allowed to present the second question (The students should generally prepare for the second, they can be asked to speak for or against).
The essence of the preposition is to contribute to the debates on policies that the new bank should or should not focus on.
There will also be the possibility of individual essay contribution. The students for individual essay can pick any of the questions, but the essay must not be less than 2,000 words.
Time: 9 am to 5 pm
Venue: 2030, North Main Building, Beijing Normal University, 19 Xinjiekou Wai St. Beijing
First prize: 3,000 Yuan, plaque and certificate
Second prize: 2,000 Yuan, certificate
Third prize: 1,000 Yuan, certificate
Award of excellence: 4 contributors, 500 Yuan per contributor (certificate)
To be eligible TO APPLY you must:
• Be under 30 years of age as of Jan 31, 2015;
• Hold a UNIVERSITY DEGREE / or be currently enrolled in a school in the field of policy, sociology, or international relationship or another relevant social science field;
• Possess high oral proficiency in English; and
• Have shown leadership, innovation, creativity, and/or entrepreneurship in your area of focus.
The Conference will select 25 Students based on the basis of their track record of leadership, commitment, and impact in their respective fields. Previous Fellows have shown leadership and entrepreneurship through pursuits such as serving as members of advisory boards, founding or supporting non-profits, development initiatives, or social enterprises.
Cheng Meng: 150 1103 0226
Igbekele Tope: 132 6961 7339
|Copyright © China.org.cn. All Rights Reserved 京ICP证 040089号 京公网安备110108006329号
网络传播视听节目许可证号:0105123 京公网安备110108006329号 京网文0252-085号